Town Hall (Svornosti Square No. 1) in Český Krumlov
The broad façade of the town hall came into being after two older Gothic buildings were linked in the early 17th century, and the present two-level attic gable with vases was only built in 1796. There is a bell in its right bend, with which councillors used to be called together to their meetings in the past. It was made by the Prague bell-founder Bartholomew around 1520. The building has the following coats-of-arms painted on its façade: of the Eggenbergs on the left, of the Czech lands, of the town of Český Krumlov below this, and of the Schwarzenbergs on the right. The entrance hall of the town hall is vaulted with a decorative comb vault from the second half of the 16th century. Fragments of wall paintings from the first half of the 15th century were uncovered in the adjacent vaulted hall in 2000, which may originally have depicted the Adoration of the Magi. The room with the paintings enters the cellars, which house the Museum of the Right to Torture.